Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Salt Lake City Trip - part one

I returned home from Salt Lake City Sunday night.  It took a while to get there, due to the polar vortex... my original flight Tuesday was cancelled, I rescheduled for Wednesday, and then had a long layover in Chicago because the original plane was frozen.

I arrived Tuesday night in Salt Lake, too tired to even eat dinner, let alone do any research.  So Wednesday morning I treated myself to a big breakfast and then spent the day at the Family History Library.  It is 5 stories of microfilm, books and reference materials, with many very helpful volunteers to guide you through the process.  I could have spent weeks there!  But by late afternoon, my head was spinning from so much information, so I decided to call it a day.

Temple Square is right across the street from the Family History Library, so I walked over there in the snow.  It was beautiful.


That evening I attended the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsal, here at the Tabernacle:




No comments:

Post a Comment